- Installation of contract office furniture,
demountable walls, fixed seating & tables
- Miscellaneous specialty installations
including trading floors, hotel/retail FF&E
- Receiving & shipping
- Order consolidation & distribution
- Long-term storage
- Asset management
- Touch-up & repair
Colonial Systems, Inc. is widely recognized as one of the best union furniture installation service providers in the greater Boston area. Since our founding in 1992, we have completed thousands of moves, reconfigurations and new installations for many of the region’s prominent companies.
Our customer base currently numbers more than 100. We support all the major furniture dealerships in greater Boston plus manufacturers, move management firms, project management firms, out-of-state dealerships and direct-client accounts.
Colonial runs an average daily field staff of 65 installers and foremen, who are experienced in virtually all the major lines of systems furniture, including Allsteel, Haworth, Herman Miller, Steelcase and Teknion. The field staff includes one team with specialized training and experience in demountable wall installation and reconfiguration.
We address a wide range of specialty installation requirements in addition to traditional office systems furniture. These include floor-to-ceiling wall systems, trading floors, hotel and retail FF&E, fixed seating, high-density filing systems and library shelving.
Technology and facility advances were the focus of our internal development efforts in the 2006–2008 time frame. Over this two-year period, we implemented three software systems to assure high operational efficiency and further distinguish Colonial Systems’ service offering: IQ Coordinator for quote, work order and project management, CAP 20-20 Worksheet for warehouse management, and SnapTracker for asset management. In late 2007, we moved the business from our longstanding address in Woburn, Massachusetts, to a larger facility in nearby Wilmington. The new location provides a more productive work environment for our office staff and allows us to offer greater storage capacity and enhanced asset management capabilities in our newly outfitted warehouse.
Special Features of Our Service
- Experienced full-time union installation teams including foremen with a minimum of 10 years in the field and journeymen installers averaging 8 years in the field.
- Dedicated specialty team for installation and reconfiguration of floor-to-ceiling wall systems.
- High-efficiency business systems for asset management; warehousing; and quote, work order and project management.
- Pre-job walk-throughs at no additional cost to identify unexpected site conditions and other factors that could impact project schedule and/or budget.
- High standards for job-site organization and cleanliness backed by an intensive recycling program for installation project waste.